Monday, March 23, 2009

DIY: Wine Labels in Illustrator

I stumbled across this great wine bottle design tutorial on worldlabels.com over the weekend, and it had my mind swirling with ideas:

- Wedding favors or at the bar
- Table numbers for dinner parties
- Corporate events
- Wine tasting party
- Hostess gifts
- Girls night-in
- Birthday or holiday gifts

The tutorial is easy to follow, providing step-by-step instructions and resources to get the project started. For color palette ideas, don't forget about ColourLovers. And, istockphoto.com has tons of options for background designs and patterns.
How have you used custom wine labels?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Custom wine labels are so much fun! I love giving customized bottles of wine away for holiday gifts. I do a custom design every year, but I don't print them myself. I send the artwork to www.BottleYourBrand.com and have them print them. I just couldn't get the labels I printed out at home to stay on the bottles or stop smearing if they got wet! The labels we get from Bottle Your Brand are waterproof and pretty cheap, I recommend them!